Dried Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenumgraecum) is indicated for a multitude of hormonal-related medicinal applications for both men and women.
USES & BENEFITS
- It is a strong stimulator for milk production in mothers
- Known also for use in cervical cancer
- Reduces blood sugar levels in type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Lowers serum cholesterol, triglyside and low density lipoprotein
- Will soothe disturbed digestion
- Impotence and period and menopause problems
- Reduces fevers, detoxifies, dispels bad breath and body odour
- Also for bronchitis
- Gargle with it to ease sore throats
- Use as a poultice to ease swelling, inflammations, fistulas, and tumors, ulcers and boils and insect bites
- In bath water it may help with cellulite, acne and rash
- Has a bitter taste but a maple syrup flavour
- Seeds can be used in curries or sprouted and used in a salad
- For Horses: Excellent for body and hoof conditioning, appetizer, a uterine stimulant( do not give during pregnancy), For nursing mare to improve milk flow and condition
HOW TO USE
- Decoction: Simmer 1½ teaspoons of seed in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. Strain. Drink 1 cup 3 times a day.
- Poultice: Pulverize the seeds
Rich source of polysaccharide galactomannan. Steroidal saponins, Alkaloid, 30% mucilage, bitter principle. mucilage, alkaloids, volatile and fixed oil.
Acts as an expectorant, demulcent, tonic, galactagogue
Great for sprouting.