Known as “the king of plants” or “the diamond of the forest”, Chaga is a wild mushroom with remarkable health-giving properties. This hard, woody fungus grows on birch trees and is prized as a powerful adaptogen and antioxidant. Superfoods wildcrafted Chaga mushrooms are loaded with enzymes, amino acids, B vitamins and minerals including calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. This magical medicinal mushroom protects your body’s cells against stress and oxidation, and even helps to combat tumours and cancer cells. Chaga has an earthy, slightly sweet smell and taste, similar to tree bark; it’s best enjoyed as a freshly brewed tea, which acts as a healing tonic. A true gift from nature!
Chaga mushroom is known for the following health benefits:
- Adaptogen; reduces the symptoms of stress, fatigue & anxiety
- Antioxidant, anti-ageing properties
- Antimicrobial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory
- Protects the cells against oxidative stress & damage
- Helps to inhibit oxidation & produce interferons, which act to repair damaged DNA
- Boosts the immune system
- Combats the growth of cancer cells
- A rich source of betulinic acid or botulin, which inhibits the growth of tumours
- Helps to ease stomach problems like gastritis & ulcers; anti-inflammatory properties
- Protects the liver & prevents the accumulation of Candida toxins
- Stimulate metabolism in brain tissues; a potent brain & memory tonic
- Helps to combat kidney stones & gallstones
Did You Know? Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is an enzyme that breaks down free radicals and acts as a powerful cellular antioxidant. Chaga mushroom contains an amazing 25-50 times more SOD than other popular sources of the enzyme, including Reishi mushrooms, barley grass, seaweed or fish oils!
Other nutrients found in Chaga include: Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, amino acids, manganese, iron dietary fibre and B vitamins – it’s a real nutritional powerhouse!
Recipe for Chaga Tea:
- Simply add 1-2tsp Chaga powder to hot water and steep, until you have a rich, dark brew.
- Add honey or maple syrup to sweeten, sip and enjoy!
Recipe for Chaga Chai Latte:
- Bring your Chaga to a simmer on the stove; add 1 cinnamon stick, a few cloves, a few black peppercorns, a few green cardamom pods, 1 slice of ginger.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add ½ cup of almond milk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add maple syrup or honey to taste.
- Strain into a mug. Sprinkle with cinnamon, sip and enjoy!
Wildcrafted Chaga mushrooms, powdered