- Promotes Digestion. The most common traditional use of cumin is for indigestion.
- Is a Rich Source of Iron.
- May Help With Diabetes.
- May Improve Blood Cholesterol.
- May Promote Weight Loss and Fat Reduction.
- May Prevent Food-Borne Illnesses.
- May Help With Drug Dependence.
Cumin is an herb. The seeds of the plant are used to make medicine. People take cumin for digestion problems including diarrhea, colic, bowel spasms, and gas. Cumin is also used to increase urine flow to relieve bloating (as a diuretic); to start menstruation; and to increase sexual desire (as an aphrodisiac).